The Best Recipes .........

Friday, May 28, 2010

Passion for Baking and Cooking

I am a Malaysian and currently residing in Melbourne Australia. I have to cook as I have to say that in Melbourne you could not have many food like in Malaysia. Hence that is where stir my interest and give me the opportunity to be competent in cooking and baking as one way of continuing enjoying those food that I was brought up with. I also want to pass these type of food down to my children hence I have to do it. In saying so, I also learn a lot of my cooking western cuisine as my husband being a German Maltese. As I also need to entertain his family and also my Ozzie friends. Hence I will say now I am competent in Chinese cuisine and Western cuisine. In my cooking I preserve the old but enhance with the new twist.

In my house, we have (eat) various types of cuisines in a week, from Chinese to Westerner to Korean to Vietnamese. I will also always have something yummy and delicious in my children lunch box that is a treat i.e. cup cakes, muffins, cookies as they are all home made. I love to bake and cook as you can tell from that. This blog is specially dedicated to those busy working mums that wanted to have yummy and delicious food with min. time required for the cooking. However I will also post some delicious and tempting recipe that might require more time for baking or cooking. All the recipes here had tested and tasted by my loved ones and myself. So 99.9% the recipes here are quality one and not just any recipes.

My style of cooking is not fixed to one. I normally cook and bake anything that is tasty and that will make my loved ones and myself keep asking for more. I am into quite a bit of one pot cooking, Chinese cuisine, Malaysian cuisine and various types of desserts. Recently my exploration in my cooking was the Malaysian version of Loh Mai Kai, Tai Pau and also Choy Pau. I was also busy baking various type of cup cakes. So today my children and husband had a delicious Loh Mai Kai and it was so funny when my both children trying to say it in Chinese as the accent was just way too out! *Smiling* I will be baking Cotton Cheesecake this weekend. Let see how it will go ..........

Proverb for the day ........ "To eat is necessity but to eat intelligently is an art" by La Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment